STOP THE PRESSES (or “stop the internet”?). Through some real hard-hitting journalistic mastery, we’ve gotten our hot little hands on the three video reels that ran during the 2013 WitOut Awards for Philadelphia Comedy…oh, and also, we have them because we’re the ones who made ’em. (We just get such a kick out of referrin’ to our own shit as “exclusive.”)
Thanks to all of the writers who helped with the show and contributed to the jokes in these reels (Aaron Hertzog, Alison Zeidman, Chip Chantry, Jim Grammond, Christian Alsis, Carolyn Busa, Ralph Andracchio, JP Boudwin, Jason Grimley, Greg Maughan and Joe Moore).
A List of All the Nominees Who Voted For Themsleves (Pro Tip: It’s Just Everyone)
It’s almost time for the 2013 WitOut Awards for Philadelphia Comedy! As we get closer to the show, we’ll be rolling out a series of posts to help you get more acquainted with this year’s nominees. Read all about ’em, and then be sure to get your tickets for the big event on January 13th at World Cafe Live!
The nominees for Special Achievement in the Field of Tweeting are:
As the year winds down, WitOut collects lists from comedy performers and fans of their favorite moments, comedians, groups, shows, etc. from the last year in Philly comedy. Top 5 of 2012 lists will run throughout December–if you’d like to write one, pitch us your list at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Comedians love two things: giving themselves too much credit and giving their friends and peers a hard time in the name of having fun. And they also probably love their families and other stuff. Here are my five favorite things I did in 2012 that may make me an as*hole but myself and others enjoyed:
1. Sent Mentos an email to a YouTube link with a message saying “someone’s using your product to promote date rape.”
2. Voted for myself in every category something I was involved in was nominated in for a WitOut award.
3. Conspired with other comedians to let Rob DeSantis’s comment in a Twitter thread just hang after he went racial with it.
4. Having this song lyric I made up stuck in my head for a week:
We gonna fly down to
And set the block on fire.
5. Asking Pat House “New Foo Fighters sweatshirt?” when he was always wearing the same Foo Fighters sweatshirt. ALWAYS.